Excited to work within an International team?
Want to be part of a rapidly scaling company?
YOUR JOURNEY STARTS HERE...
This position presents the opportunity to work in a business-critical
role in a rapidly growing company. You will also uphold our four core
- Be the solution - take ownership, drive collaboration
- Be resourceful - strive for new wins every day
- Be honest - default to transparency
- Be respectful - treat others like you want to be treated
We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds and underrepresented
groups and would invite you to apply. A diverse workforce is a highly
productive one, so why not take a chance, send us your application even if you don't meet all our requirements, we may surprise you!
“Culture add” is so much better than "culture fit" and
welcome applications from all groups, irrespective of your, age,
disability, gender reassignment, gender, marriage and civil partnership,
pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, veteran status
and sexual orientation.
As an Engineering Manager you will be managing a cross-functional and an agile team of 5-7 people, where you will;
- Lead by example by taking ownership, being proactive and collaborating.
- Inspire, motivate and directly manage engineers in various roles;
- Take initiative to address the larger technical needs of the features/product you work on;
- Combine hands on coding with working on impactful project(s) and supporting other team members;
- Contribute to continuous Quality and Process Improvement;
If you are interested to learn more about our tech stack, check out our stackshare.io profile!
- Experience of directly managing engineering teams.
- Experience in driving successful technical initiatives that improved productivity, performance and quality.
- Demonstrable experience with relational(e.g MySQL, PostgreSQL) and non-relational(e.g MongoDB, DynamoDB) databases
- Experience with message brokers(e.g RabbitMQ, Kafka, SQS)
- Deep knowledge on Computer Science fundamentals, algorithms and data structures
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills; written and spoken. Ability to influence and cooperate with people at all levels.
Nice to have
- Experience of managing Agile Software Development teams
- Experienced in defining solutions and designing containerized applications (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker) on Cloud (e.g AWS, GCP)
We will be really excited if you also have:
- Open-source contributions to any of the frameworks in our tech-stack
- Experience working in Fintech and developed payment solutions
WeTravel (www.wetravel.com) is an online fintech payment platform
that transforms travel companies’ finances, communication, and marketing
from a lot of manual paperwork to digital. We are a very well funded
VC-backed company, bringing together a diverse and highly motivated
Read about us on TechCrunch, Huffington Post, Yoga + Life, Financial Times (FT), Skift, Lonely Planet, etc: www.wetravel.com/press
BENEFITS & Salary
Salary : 70-90,000 Euros
- Attractive compensation
- Unlimited Paid Time Off!
- Amazing new offices in the heart of Amsterdam - rooftop garden
- Friday team lunches
- As a travel-related company, we have fantastic team retreats, two of our founders love surfing, so it's normally beside a great beach
- The latest tech you need to be successful.
- For candidates resident outside the Netherlands salaries are weighted according to local factors and considerations
- You can be based in (CET +/- 4) - in the country of your residence if you do not wish to be resident in the NL.