Are you an incredible senior frontend developer, can work well in a team and want to be a game-changer in a fast-growing startup?
WeTravel (www.wetravel.com) is an online payment platform that helps travel companies transition from paper-based and traditional finances, communication and marketing to digital excellence fit for today’s modern travel industry.
We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds and underrepresented groups and would invite you to apply. We believe a diverse workforce is a highly productive one, so take a chance, send us your application even if you don't meet all our requirements, we may surprise you!
This position presents the opportunity to work in a business-critical role in a rapidly growing company. You will also uphold our four core values:
- Be the solution - take ownership, drive collaboration
- Be resourceful - strive for new wins every day
- Be honest - default to transparency
- Be respectful - treat others like you want to be treated
As a frontend engineer you will be a part of a cross-functional and an agile team of 5-7 people, where you will;
- be involved and participate in the overall application lifecycle
- work with cutting-edge technologies/libraries on a microservice based architecture
- collaborate with backend developers to integrate user-facing elements with server-side logic
- write clean and quality code, build prototypes, solve issues, profile and understand bottlenecks
- develop automated tests to ensure business needs are met and allow for regression testing
If you are interested to learn more about our tech stack, check out our stackshare.io profile!
- Experience shipping high-quality, well-tested web applications using HTML5, CSS3/ LESS/ SASS, JS/ES6
- Demonstrable experience with frontend web frameworks(e.g AngularJS, React, Vue.js)
- Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals, algorithms and data structures
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills; written and spoken
Nice to have
- Experience of working as part of an Agile Software Development team
- Experienced working with containerized applications (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker) on Cloud (e.g AWS, GCP)
- Experience with relational (e.g MySQL, PostgreSQL) and non-relational databases(e.g MongoDB, Neo.4j)
We will be really excited if you also have:
- Open-source contributions to any of the frameworks in our tech-stack
- Experience working in Fintech and developed payment solutions
- UX Design skills
Amsterdam or within 3/4 hours CET if your country of residence. Relocation assistance to Amsterdam is a possibility.
- Attractive compensation
- Unlimited Paid Time Off!
- Amazing new offices in the heart of Amsterdam - rooftop garden
- Tuesday and Friday team lunches
a travel-related company, we have fantastic team retreats, two of our
founders love surfing, so it's normally beside a great beach
- The latest tech you need to be successful.
- For candidates resident outside the Netherlands salaries are weighted according to local factors and considerations