Work from home part time if you're in Amsterdam...or remotely from anywhere else in Europe.
Excited to work within an International team?
Want to be part of a rapidly scaling company?
YOUR JOURNEY STARTS HERE...
This position presents the opportunity to work in a business-critical
role in a rapidly growing company. You will also uphold our four core
- Be the solution - take ownership, drive collaboration
- Be resourceful - strive for new wins every day
- Be honest - default to transparency
- Be respectful - treat others like you want to be treated
We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds and underrepresented
groups and would invite you to apply. A diverse workforce is a highly
productive one, so why not take a chance, send us your application even if you don't meet all our requirements, we may surprise you!
“Culture add” is so much better than "culture fit" and
welcome applications from all groups, irrespective of your, age,
disability, gender reassignment, gender, marriage and civil partnership,
pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, veteran status
and sexual orientation.
As the Finance Administrator, you will manage Wetravel’s day-to-day financial operations. You will be primarily in charge of Wetravel’s payments flow. You will contribute directly to our continuous mission of ensuring safety and security of our platform by ensuring a high level of adherence to Finance policies and processes. You will report directly to Wetravel’s Financial Controller.
In this role, your key responsibilities include:
- Managing day to day operations of the finance department including international wire transfers and payments flow.
- You will liaise regularly with our payment partners in the US and in Europe.
- Assisting with the month-end and year-end close and producing ad hoc reports
- Process payroll for Wetravel’s international team and ensure compliance with relevant regulations
- Monitor and track activity in Wetravel’s key product features.
- Conduct periodic reconciliations to verify the accuracy of financial transactions and manage the company’s cash flow
- Process incoming invoices - from receipt, vendor verification documents to ultimate payment
- Work with our Customer Support, Engineering, Sales and Operations team to ensure compliance with AML regulations
- Experience with conducting payroll for US and/or the Netherlands
- Broad understanding of process of cross-border (SWIFT) payments and role of FX, including costs and compliance limitations
- Above average Excel / Google sheets skills
- Quick learner and able to propose and drive improvements
- Accurate and results driven with good communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up your sleeves wherever and whenever needed.
Nice to have
- Experience with accounting software such as Quickbooks, Zero
- Knowledge of US GAAP and/or Dutch accounting principles
- Knowledge of SaaS / subscription reporting definitions
WeTravel (www.wetravel.com) is an online fintech payment platform
that transforms travel companies’ finances, communication, and marketing
from a lot of manual paperwork to digital. We are a very well funded
VC-backed company, bringing together a diverse and highly motivated
Read about us on TechCrunch, Huffington Post, Yoga + Life, Financial Times (FT), Skift, Lonely Planet, etc: www.wetravel.com/press
BENEFITS & Salary
Salary Range: 36,000 to -42,000 EUR + 8% Holiday Allowance
- Attractive compensation
- Unlimited Paid Time Off!
- Amazing offices in the heart of Amsterdam
- Friday team lunches
- As a travel-related company, we have fantastic team retreats, two of our founders love surfing, so it's normally beside a great beach
- The latest tech you need to be successful.
- You can be based anywhere in European time zone.