Excited to work within an International team?
Want to be part of a rapidly scaling company?
YOUR JOURNEY STARTS HERE...
This position presents the opportunity to work in a business-critical
role in a rapidly growing company. You will also uphold our four core
- Be the solution - take ownership, drive collaboration
- Be resourceful - strive for new wins every day
- Be honest - default to transparency
- Be respectful - treat others like you want to be treated
We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds and underrepresented
groups and would invite you to apply. A diverse workforce is a highly
productive one, so why not take a chance, send us your application even if you don't meet all our requirements, we may surprise you!
“Culture add” is so much better than "culture fit" and
welcome applications from all groups, irrespective of your, age,
disability, gender reassignment, gender, marriage and civil partnership,
pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, veteran status
and sexual orientation.
You will be the owner of our accounting systems and processes. You will look after our day-to-day accounting activities to ensure compliance with US GAAP and Dutch GAAP. In this role, you will be looking after the company accounting policies, ensuring our ledger balances are in order, prepare annual statutory financial statements and manage the external audit proces.
- Look after Wetravel’s accounting policies and procedures, the financial close process and related activities, including monthly review of financial statements, reconciliation of ledger balances and accounts with payment partners
- Oversee the accounting operations of Dutch subsidiary and support quarterly group consolidation reporting
- Manage statutory compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and relevant tax filings in the US and in the Netherlands
- Manage outgoing international payments flow and conduct periodic reconciliations to verify the accuracy of financial transactions and manage the company’s cash flow.
- Manage relationships with the external bookkeeping team, payment partners and tax advisors
- Supervise and perform payroll as necessary.
- Prior accounting or finance experience.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting policies and procedures, with advanced degree in Accounting, CPA or CMA qualification is preferred
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- In depth knowledge of US GAAP and revenue recognition policies
- Tech-savvy with a passion to simplify and automate accounting processes.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical, planning and reporting skills.
- Experience with Quickbooks, Excel/Google Spreadsheet modeling.
- A great communicator in English, and can build strong working relationships with external advisors and internal stakeholders.
Nice to have
- Experience with 1099 K Filings
- Knowledge of Dutch accounting policies and procedures.
- Good communication skills in Dutch
We will be really excited if you also have:
- Experience with accounts receivable, collections processes, international payroll experience
- Knowledge of SaaS / subscription reporting definitions
WeTravel (www.wetravel.com) is an online fintech payment platform
that transforms travel companies’ finances, communication, and marketing
from a lot of manual paperwork to digital. We are a very well funded
VC-backed company, bringing together a diverse and highly motivated
Read about us on TechCrunch, Huffington Post, Yoga + Life, Financial Times (FT), Skift, Lonely Planet, etc: www.wetravel.com/press
BENEFITS & Salary
Salary - 50-55,000 Euros + 8 % holiday
- Attractive compensation
- Unlimited Paid Time Off!
- Amazing new offices in the heart of Amsterdam - rooftop garden
- Tuesday & Friday team lunches
- As a travel-related company, we have fantastic team retreats, two of our founders love surfing, so it's normally beside a great beach
- The latest tech you need to be successful.
- Candidates must be resident in Amsterdam.